Download the June and July Calendar
Welcome to Piedmont Public Library’s summer reading program. This is a free program to children of all ages. You do not have to be a library member to participate. Our Tails and Tales themed summer reading program is designed to encourage children to read and continue to build literacy through the summer months.
The benefits of participating in a summer reading program for children:
- Children are motivated to read.
- Children develop positive attitudes about reading, books, and the library.
- Children maintain their reading skills during summer vacation.
- Children have access to experiences that further their sense of discovery.
- Children have access to experiences through which they can learn to work cooperatively.
Visit the Piedmont Public Library each Tuesday at 11 AM for an engaging event, beginning June 1st with a visit from the Piedmont Fire Department. There will also be craft kits available for pick up each Tuesday. Find us on Facebook and Instagram for more information on each weeks events!
Tune in Monday-Friday for our virtual component of summer reading. Page Turner Adventures will keep your kids engaged and entertained while motivating them to continue to build their literacy skills. The links to each day’s video will be posted on our website at https://www.piedmont.okpls.org/virtual-links/ .
To view the videos in the Page Turner Adventures portal use the following login information.
Username: Piedmont Library Password: summer2021