A list of resources for online activities to keep busy and learn! Or to distract and float away for a while.
- TumbleMath: Comprehensive collection of math picture books in the TumbleBook format, complete with animation and narration. Includes supplementary materials such as lesson plans and quizzes.
- TumbleBookLibrary: Over 1100 titles for grades K-6, with animated, talking picture books, read-along chapter books, National Geographic videos, non-fiction books, playlists, and books in Spanish and French. Also includes Graphic Novels.
- RomanceBookCloud: More than 1700 romance eBooks.
- TeenBookCloud: eBooks and educator resources perfect for middle school, high school, or public library. Big selection of Graphic Novels, Enhanced Novels, eBooks, classic literature, National Geographic videos, educator resources, and audio books.Audio Books:
- Audible: “For as long as schools are closed, we’re open. Starting today, kids everywhere can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages, that will help them continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids.”
- AudioBookcloud: 1400 audiobooks from Tumblebooks; always available. Titles ranging from classic literature to science fiction to contemporary blockbusters.
- Our personal Favorite, streaming live on Facebook, Tuesdays at 10am: StorytimewithMs.Liv
- StorytimefromSpace: Books read by astronauts living in the International Space Station, how cool is that?
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems: mini drawing workshop each day at 11 am (MT) brought to you by The Kennedy Center
- Jarrett Krosozcka: Illustrator of Lunch Lady, Jedi Academy, and many others! Every weekday at 2pm ET for at least the next few weeks, I’ll host free webcasts for your kiddos.
- Kate Messner has collected a list of “learning-at-home” resources from authors and illustrators that includes read-alouds, writing and drawing lessons, and research links, “all free & copyright friendly!”
- Parents! Smart Fun for Kids: Here are some great ideas from the Library of Congress’ Center for Learning, Literacy and Engagement staff for everyone at the house.
- Ranger Rick: activities, videos, games and more for learning about wildlife and the outdoors.
- Citizen Science Activities with https://scistarter.org/SciStarter